Start & Operate
Becoming an entrepreneur or starting up a new business venture can be an exciting but stressful time. If you are thinking about going into business or are just about to start your business venture, find out more about what is involved.
Starting a Business
- Still thinking about whether you should go into business and wondering what exactly would be involved? Read our
quick tips to get a brief overview of some of the key areas to consider before and after embarking on your business journey.
Learn about the different
legal structures available in Brunei Darussalam and decide which is most suitable for your planned business.
- You can now register your business or incorporate a company online. Find out more about the process
- Want to set up a Cooperative or
Koperasi? Learn more
- Depending on the nature and type of business activity, you may require specific agency approval. For example, food businesses are now required to apply for a Halal Certificate or Halal Permit. Learn more
about what approvals may apply to your business.
- Looking for manpower so you can begin business operations?
Recruit local employees through JobCentre Brunei, or learn more about the process for
engaging foreign workers.
- Learn about the process of paying your local employees' monthly contributions here.
Getting a Location
- Commercial premises are the most preferred location for many types of businesses. Available rental options are widely advertised through local property agents, online or through the local newspapers.
- Learn about the process of buying a commercial property or private land for your business activities
- Planning to
construct or renovate commercial premises? Equip yourself with important information on how to obtain construction permits, when an Occupational Permit is required and when you should engage an Architect or Professional Engineer. Find out more on the process to obtain permanent electrical connection here.
- Industrial land sites and complexes with ready-built common infrastructure and utilities are managed by
DARE (Darussalam Enterprise). Learn more about the
application guidelines and process.
Moving into your premises
Find out how to apply for a
signage for your business premises