Obtaining electricity connection for your business
Step 1: Get approval to purchase meter and do external works
A registered electrical contractor submits new application via OneBiz online system.
- Complete Permit to Dig application (Form G) with attached plan and picture
- Photos of premise, proposal connection tapping point, sketch plan of cable(s) route & geo portal of premise
- Valid worker pass
- Development approval letter
- IC of Applicant
- As Built Single Line Diagram by electrical contractor
Upon completed application, DES will issue letter of approval to purchase meter and approval to proceed with excavation work along with Form I (Permit To Dig approval) whereby applicant can simply download the approval letters via OneBiz.
Step 2: Excavation works done by contractor
After obtaining approval letters and purchasing
of meter from the approved vendor, excavation
and underlying works can be done immediately by appointed licensed electrical contractor.
Arrange testing by Professional Engineer can be completed upon cable laying and installation of meter, which can be done in parallel.
Step 3: Get approval for permanent electrical connection
After step 2 is completed, the hired electrical contractor can submit the certification of test report by a Professional Engineer, and other relevant documents via online at OneBiz.
- Form DCS-009
- Occupational Permit
- Receipt, invoice of purchase of meter
- *Confirmation letter of testing with report on Electrical installation and approved single-line diagram by Professional Engineers
*Professional Engineers have to use the BS7671 Test Forms and attached them with their testing certification letter
Upon submission, payment of connection charges can be made immediately via online at OneBiz or by cash at Design & Technology (D&T) Building at Anggerek Desa.
The applicant will received approval for permanent supply via OneBiz system after payment is made.
for more information on the process flow of Getting Electricity.